All First Aid courses are hands on with horses and cover:
*Pain detection,*Pain Prevention,*Lacerations, *Hoof Puncture Wounds,*Thrush, *Scratches, *Abcess, *White line,*Digestive Emergencies - *Colic, *Collapse, *Choke
Is your saddle hurting your horses back?
What's normal and what's not normal for your horse?
What your vet needs to know when you call with an emergency
Pantry solutions that just might save money on vet bills and medication costs!
ALL HANDS ON WITH HORSES
Also - you will receive a First Aid Manual that includes: What's Abnormal/What’s Normal (+Vital signs chart),When to Call for Assistance,Wounds, Bandaging, Collapse. Shock. Poison, Burns, Lameness, Nail puncture, Interference, Wrapping legs, Colic, Choke, Eye Injuries, Nose Bleed, Stings and Bites, Heat Stroke, First Aid Supplies needed.
ALL ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE A FRAMEABLE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION and NORMAL/ABNORMAL BARN CARD!
PLUS: How to weigh your horse WITHOUT A WEIGHT TAPE!
Want to host a course/book a private course?
No problem! We travel ANYWHERE!
The cost of the course is always the same, no matter where you are!
What you need to be a host:
1. Indoor location - arena, barn - we can teach in just about any size area, but do need a place to get out of the elements. If outdoor areas are all that's available - that's OK! We will just have to book in seasonal weather.
2. Area for PowerPoint portion of the course - coffee room, classroom, viewing area or corner of the barn - we require an area to plug in our PowerPoint projector, and for students to be able to sit down - chairs or hay bales will do! If that's not available, let us know and we can bring handouts instead.
3. Equines! We will work with your horses - any age, any breed, any size. We require 1 horse for every 4 students (max 20 students per class on average). We ask that you choose horses that will prove safe to work with for the students, recognizing that horses are living, breathing, reacting animals.
4. If you're booking as a host, the course will be publicly advertised and no deposit is required.
If you're booking for a private group, a deposit of $300.00 is required to hold the date, which will be applied to the final balance.
The minimum number of attendees is subject to change based on location. The more travel required, the larger minimum number of attendees. We will provide this information to you prior to booking.
What we provide:
1. An Equi-Health Canada certified instructor.
2. All learning materials - demo legs, wound gel, bandages, vet wrap, weight tape, thermometers, eye flusher, stethoscopes, etc.
3. Certificates of completion for all attendees.
4. First aid manuals for all attendees.
5. Normal vs. Abnormal charts for all attendees.
6. Course listing on website (where appropriate)